Dress Donation Information
Items we will accept:
* Wedding Dresses of any size, age, color
*Prom, bridesmaid, mother of the bride/groom, evening, and flower girl dresses of any color size, or age.
*Tuxedos, men’s wedding suits
*Materials such as fabric, lace, thread, buttons, safety pins, etc.
*Gift cards to JoAnn Fabrics, Walmart, Michaels, Amazon
*Dual Purpose white or ivory sewing machine thread
*2-gallon Ziploc freezer bags (to store dresses safely)
*Used or new sewing scissors, snips, and other sewing tools
*Buttons in any size, shape, and color
*“I’ll hold you in Heaven” books – for Memory Boxes
Items we do not accept:
1. Fabric that is discolored/stained, dry rot, mildew, strong odors, stretchy, jersey fabric
3. Bridal accessories including shoes
The donation process and what to expect:
-For an immediate response, please submit your email address below.
-Print your donation release form and receipt which is attached to your email response from us.
- Complete and cut the lower portion to include with your donated dress. Keep the top portion for your records.
-Pack your dress to mail to The Emma and Evan Foundation
a. Do not pack with tissues, packing peanuts or additional packing materials
b. Remove the tulle from the underside of your donated dress
c. Remove dress from the preservation box and pack in a smaller box
d. Place any financial donations and the bottom portion of the donation release form in your box
Mail Your Package
a. Flat rate shipping via the USPS or UPS is generally least expensive. Sites like Pirateship.com, Shippo.com help you find the most inexpensive rate.
b. Do not send ‘signature required’
c. Save your shipping receipt/tracking number until you hear from us
**Our mailing address is located on our donation release form - our mailing address is NOT posted on our website.
-Once we receive your package, we will reach out via email to acknowledge receipt of your donated dress. Incoming dress donations are processed weekly, not daily.
-After receipt of your donated dress, your donation will be sent to storage until a volunteer seamstress is ready for it and your donation will not be available for a keepsake item.
-Once the little gowns from your donation are finished, we will attempt to send you photos. However, we cannot guarantee that as our volunteer team is rather small and sew angel gowns in their spare time.
1. We are an IRS recognized 501c3 Organization. Therefore, your donation may be tax-deductible. Your donation receipt is the top portion of the attached “Donation Release Form and Receipt” document.
2. Our bylaws prohibit us from returning completed angel gowns to donors. Upon request, we will gladly send them to an in-need facility of your choice. You will need to ask the facility if they will accept them and provide the Emma & Evan Foundation with a contact name, facility name, and mailing address. Donor is responsible for postage costs to their chosen facility and the turnaround time is 24+ months.
3. Your donated dress does NOT need to be dry cleaned before donating it to us. If your dress is soiled, please consider sending a financial donation to assist us with cleaning costs. $20-$30 is sufficient. Checks can be made payable to The Emma and Evan Foundation.
4. There are many, many angel gown organizations throughout the U.S. We are all independent of each other, are not affiliated with each other, and do not have 'chapters'. To donate locally, please conduct a Google search, “Angel Gown Organizations near me”.
Our memory boxes are created on a case-by-case basis,
specifically for the family which has lost their baby.
Our memory boxes contain
--Book, "I'll Hold You in Heaven."
--Small picture frame
--Packet of forget-me-not seeds
--Handmade quilt or afghan
--Angel gown or pouch in the appropriate size and gender
--Handmade birthstone bracelet or angel charm
-Our memory boxes are made possible and financially funded by generous sponsorships.
--You can sponsor a memory box either monthly or with a one-time gift of $15. Click HERE to submit your memory box sponsorship.
Serve Grieving Families is YOUR own community
1. You can have angel gowns and/or NICU Graduation sets sent to your local hospital, birthing center(s), and funeral home(s) by clicking HERE, then on 'get document' and forwarding the document to them.
How to order a keepsake/heirloom item made from your dress
1. Visit EveFoundation.org/shop to view our available keepsake options
a. Visit our Facebook page, click on Keepsake Album to view more of our work
2. Place your order via our website - orders MUST be placed before sending your dress to us
3. **Write your keepsake order number on your donation release form
4. You will receive an automated email confirming your order
5. Another email will be sent within 24 hours confirming your order
6. Orders are completed within approximately 4 weeks after receipt of your donated dress.
a. *If you ship your donation GiveBackBox, your package cannot be tracked
7. Once your order is complete, you’ll receive an email indicating completion and containing tracking information.
8. Our keepsake program provides 90% of our funding.
Help Us Continue to Accept Dress Donations
For us to continue to accept your dress donations, please consider purchasing a keepsake or sending a monetary donation with your dress to help us with the cost of processing your dress.
On average the cost to process one dress, minus cleaning expense, is about $35.
This includes storage facility fees, storage supplies, shipping to and from the seamstress, mics supplies for our seamstresses, and shipment of the angel gowns to the hospitals.